The holidays are behind us and it is back to the grind. I know that nothing magical happens when January 1st rolls in and new beginnings only happen if I am willing to let go of the past. I really like to reflect back to see what worked and what didn’t.
2010 was all about my blog which started in November 2009 so it is a little over a year old. I cannot express my gratitude enough for those of you who have been so very supportive to me. WordPress sent me the statistics and I averaged a blog a week and I had a high viewership of 88 people. That is just amazing to me. Please keep spreading the word and commenting. Did you know you can leave a comment on the blog? There is a spot just for that. If you don’t want to me to post the comment just say so!
I have seen myself in a new light and I have dared to try new things. Sometimes they were very popular and others, not so much. A lot of people talked privately to me, telling me that they felt normal after reading a particular blog. You laughed with me and allowed me to laugh at myself. I have been self-righteous and humbled. I hope you will continue to allow me to grow and share my life with you.
In 2010 in no particular order:
- I learned that I like canoeing
- I rediscovered my love of baking
- I lost 20 pounds and gained back 4 over the holidays
- I reflected on many of the people I love and was able to express that love
- I shared my life honestly and openly – this is something really special because when I first started blogging I was afraid people would make fun of me and instead you embraced me.
- I admitted I don’t like Romantic Comedies, out of the closet I came on that one!
- We left Rosie with John’s sister and took a real vacation.
- I made some new friends and let go of some old ones
- I allowed myself to not be perfect (WOW)
I don’t really have a 2011 resolution. I am far from perfect but those imperfections work very well for blogging and I am learning to embrace them. I believe God is teaching me to grow from them.
- But…John bought me a camera for Christmas. I am NOT a camera person but I did want one. Maybe I will be able to start adding pictures to the blog.
- I have Dad’s recipe for biscotti and I am going to try to make it. How hard can it be?
- I have asked mom for a couple of her recipes and I will try my luck with them as well.
- I will continue my diet, slow and easy.
- I will root for the Dallas Cowboys no matter how bad they suck.
- I will continue to root for the Orlando Magic! GO MAGIC!
- I will turn 55 in March – I promise to never act my age!
- I pray that God will continue to give me words to share and that I will represent Him well.
Happy New Year! I pray that it will be a safe and blessed year for you all.